- • A la Carte breakfast at the Nobilion Restaurant
- • Welcome drinks
- • Complimentary minibar with soft drinks and snacks, daily refill
- • Access to Ikalia spa area with Finnish Savu sauna, Steam sauna, Salt room, chromotherapy loungers and hydrotherapy whirlpool
- • Use of fitness area
- • Complimentary parking
- • The service of our Maestro - the guest experience manager
Truffle hunting experience
- • Private day tour (7 hours) with private transfer from/to the hotel and a private guide
- • 1 truffle hunting experience in Istria, with a local truffle hunting family
- • Truffle frittata show cooking held by the local family
- • Light lunch including truffle frittata and tasting of truffle-based local produce
- • Visit to the renowned Aura distillery with local spirits, gin and liqueur tasting
- • Visit to the town of Buzet, the capitol of Istrian truffle region
- • 1 truffle dinner of 4 courses with wine pairing - in the Nobilion restaurant (per person)
Located on the eastern coast of the Istrian peninsula - the land of truffles, olive oil and wine, Ikador is the perfect starting point to discover this exquisite gastronomic paradise. The lush, green forests of central Istria are one of the few places on earth where her majesty - the white truffle, grows. The harvest of Istrian black and white truffles is a tradition held exclusively by local families and passed on from generation to generation. The season of Istrian white truffle lasts from September till January, which is also the best period to enjoy this renowned produce.
The experience will start at the hotel's lobby in the morning, where your guide and your transfer will wait to greet you. After arriving at the local family farm, friendly hosts will explain everything about this underground treasure, but also introduce you to the specially trained truffle dogs, their most faithful companions. The truffle hunt may then commence in the local forest, accompanied by the expert truffle dogs and their owner. After an approx. 1-hour hunt, the family will teach you how to make homemade the famous truffle frittata, but alow offer some of the delicious local truffle-based produce for tasting.
The adventure will continue with the visit to the local Aura distillery, a place where they made homemade grappas, spirits, and liqueurs based on ancient recipes. After a short degustation, you will be on your way to the nearby town of Buzet, a unique medieval jewel with the most magnificent views.
Minimum stay: 2 nightsBook Now Book Now